Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stuffed quesadillas

Heaven in a tortilla. That's what we ate the other night. We made them up as we went. Oh my word they were so good! We put cilantro/lime rice in it. Then chicken. Not just plain chicken, no no no! I boiled the chicken and then shredded it. I divided it into two bowls. In one bowl I sprinkled ranch dressing mix. Not the entire packet, just enough to coat the chicken. The other bowl was sprinkled with taco seasoning. So we put our chicken of choice on top of the wonderful rice which I also was experimented with. Then we put cheese on top. Then we cooked them in our handy dandy quesadilla maker. They were a-mazing! They were cheap too, another huge bonus!

3 comments:

  1. Yummo! That sounds way good! How did you make cilantro/lime rice? P.S. If you buy fresh cilantro can you dry it in the oven somehow and then have dried cilantro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got fresh cilantro and chopped it really small. I only used probably about an 1/8 of a cup after it was chopped. Then when I put the rice in the boiling water, I put the cilantro in too. After it was cooked, I squeezed lime juice into it. Then I added enough salt to make it taste good. Putting cilantro in the oven? I don't know. It seems like that would just cook it, but maybe if the temp. was low enough it would just dehydrate it. I bet J would know. E's J that is.

    ReplyDelete

Voting